Personal Tax Returns:

As a rule of thumb the following are the sources of income tax slips that are usually seen apart from the personal tax return:

  • Employment Income- T4, T4A
  • Pension and Annuities- T4A, T4A(OAS), T4A(P), T4RIF, T4RSP
  • Investment Income- T5, T3, T600, T5008, T5013 OR T5013A
  • Foreign Assets
  • Rental Income
  • Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) Income- T4RSP
  • Schedule of Capital Gains and Losses
  • Income from Self Employment
  • Debt Forgiveness
  • Other Income, including the following slips- T4E, T4PS, T5007, RC62, RC210

The following is a list of tax credits that are commonly seen used on a T1 return:

  • Spousal Exemption
  • Dependents (born earlier than 1993 in the 2013 tax year)
  • Disability Amounts- T2201
  • Adoption Expenses
  • Tuition, Fees and Education Amounts- T2202 or T2202A
  • Interest Paid on Student Loans
  • Medical Expenses
  • Caregiver Amounts
  • Charitable Donations- 2013 was the first year of implementation of the first time donors super credit
  • Federal or Ontario Political Contributions
  • Public Transit Pass Amounts (must be monthly passes or passes for four consecutive weeks)
  • Rent or Property Tax Credit (specific conditions apply)
  • Child Fitness Credit (max. $500 per child)
  • Children’s Arts Tax Credits (max. $500 per child)